Sapphire Mattress Reviews: Test Results

Jaybe Mattress Review

I heard the commercials for jaybe mattresses for months before I picked one out for myself. Their commercials featured gym equipment and yoga studios, like their competitors' commercials, do. Although I'd never seen jaybe mattresses in person, I had the first clue about the company's mattress model when I looked at their webpage and found this headline:

Jaybe Mattress Review

I was a bit confused to start with, until they spelled out that "the brand's mattresses can be made out of gym equipment or yoga mats." A little lost, but intrigued? Okay.

I decided to try out jaybe mattress, a brand designed for fitness enthusiasts and featured by Forbes as one of the 50 Best Inventions in 2013. They advertised that the mattresses could be made out of "joggers, yoga mats, tuff mattresses, gym floors, under bed storage boxes, gyms' hardwood floors or even yoga mats". This means that I've been laying on a jaybe mattress for almost a month and I have a number of questions about my jaybe mattress.

I would first like to mention that I personally own a "pretty good" mattress, which is owned by another well-known mattress manufacturer. This was not the purpose of this review.

I'm very concerned about spending $7,000 (plus shipping and taxes) on a new mattress. The fact that jaybe mattresses could be made out of gym equipment or yoga mats suggests a more than a one-sided interest in the area of health and wellness. That said, I was confident about the jaybe mattress review because I had seen my own mattress being lifted up onto a work truck by an employee. So I assumed that this would not be a standard mattress, meaning that jaybe mattresses would be of good quality.

I'd like to point out that the jaybe mattress is no longer available, but you can still purchase a mattress from jaybe's website. Still, the mattress is no longer made out of "gym mats", and I've been able to confirm that it is no longer being used to make "joggers, yoga mats, tuff mattresses, gym floors, under bed storage boxes, gyms' hardwood floors or even yoga mats". There's no apparent need to review the mattress when it is no longer available. I thought the marketing campaign was a bit misleading to begin with, so I won't waste my time trying to figure out how a "gym mat" or yoga mat mattress would "fit" under a bed.

I wanted to Jaybe Mattress Review based on my experience with my gym gym floor and gym mat mattress and my experience with a sample yoga mat that I was provided by jaybe. I was allowed to photograph my mattress with both of my workout exercise equipment and my yoga mat.

Comments